Monday, July 03, 2017

Knot work in the kitchen...

This is the first knotting project I've completed since moving into the new house three weeks ago.

The top spring clamp on our paper towel holder had recently broken, so I went and pried the part the rest of the way off.

I added a 5 lead 4 bight Turk's head knot, doubled, using twisted cotton line on the top bar of the holder, where the broken part used to be attached, where it wouldn't interfere with a roll of paper towels going on/off the holder.

The gaucho interweave knot video shows this TH knot tied at the start.  I'd tried paracord first, but it seemed a bit bunched up in the small space, so I gave the cotton line a try instead.

I may eventually add some more knot work around the tension arm piece on the side of the holder, plenty of possibilities there too..




As an Amazon affiliate I earn a small percentage of sales when folks go to amazon through my links and shop, and that helps pay the bills, so, 'Thanks!'.

Check out the VENOM and VENOM RED mochi drawstring backpacks with Stormdrane logo and stitched paracord handle.  I receive a percentage from the sale of each of those versions from Mochibrand.

1 comment:

Thomas Boassen said...

its fun to see places where knotwork can be applied :)

and good to have you back sir.